Based at the site near Caernarfon
Hours Full time 40 hours per week plus weekend cover when required
Seiont Nurseries LTD is a well-known and respected wholesale horticultural nursery based in Snowdonia, North Wales, which grows high quality shrubs and perennials in plugs and liners to Grower
retailer and plant finishers nationwide and into Europe. New variety introduction is our speciality. This is a key position to join the business in an exciting time to develop and lead the production
team. Responsible for day-to-day running and future development / expansion of the nurseries propagation unit.
- The main responsibility is for the implementation and management of the production of plugs for direct sale or for potting on site to 9cm ensuring targets are met or exceeded.
- Oversee maintenance and organisation of the propagation unit and mother plant growing areas
- Water applications and water/Mist system management
- Crop nutrition
- Pest & Disease identification and prevention
- Oversee evolving production plan for both on site cuttings, purchased unrooted cuttings and Stage III material
- Manage stock accuracy for weekly availability list
- Manage customer forward orders to ensure delivery weeks and number requirements are achieved
- Manage and monitor wastage
- Manage number, quality and documentation of incoming plant material
- Manage number, quality of incoming sundry items
Carry out and/or supervise pesticide/bio-control applications as required (subject to PA certification).
- Carry out Coshh assessments for whole nursery
- Assist with Health and safety assessments for whole nursery
Carry out the general responsibilities and duties of a permanent member of staff undertake any other nursery work when necessary.
Carry out weekend duties when required
Salary- Competitive salary
The successful applicant must be self-motivated, with excellent people skills and demonstrate knowledge and a proven track record of HNS production on a commercial scale.
To apply, or if you have any questions please email your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for CV’s 31/01/2019